Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Slow Week - Mayaguana in 4 Days

I haven't been doing that much this week besides working on the bass boat (more on that later) and preparing for my trip to Mayaguana. I'm meeting my father there to do some fly fishing for bonefish. I practically grew up with a fishing rod in my hands, and I started fly fishing exclusively almost 10 years ago. I caught my first bonefish on the fly two years ago on Cat Island in the Bahamas and I've been hoping to return to spend more time wading the flats in pursuit of these wary fish. Hopefully the weather will be partly to mostly perfectly cloudy.

Things will continue to be slow here until after Memorial Day. After that, you can expect lots of photos and video from the trip. Speaking of fly fishing, here's a creation I tied myself for winter redfish in Homosassa, FL.

No comments: