Sunday, December 24, 2006

Twas the day before Xmas - a post from the turnpike

I've been here since Wednesday now. I've been on the water twice. Once in the flats boat, once in the kayak. It has been windy and overcast...not the greatest weather. I shot a roll of 35mm film with my old Nikon SLR. I had plenty of willing wildlife posing, but something is up with the camera and I only ended up with one shot worth keeping. Of all things, it was the Great Blue Herron - nothing exciting about that. I have two shots of an otter that was looking back at me, but it is not quite focused. I think I'm done with film. I hope to get one more sunny day before I have to leave. If that goes well, hopefully I'll get some better shot.

I am currently posting from the Florida Turnpike thanks to EVDO. I went to the traditional Christmas dinner with all the aunts uncles and cousins. I think there were 45 people this time. The food was too good, and it was nice to see family that I haven't in years. There were feats of strength, airing of grievances, turkey, ham, etc. I missed an opportunity to Christmas shop for my family at a huge adult store that was across the street from my hotel room. Sorry D, nothing for you either. Maybe next year... In a couple hours I'll be back on the left coast where I will wait for Santa to bring me everything I ever wanted. If he doesn't, I'm going to jack his sleigh and fly it across the country.

1 comment:

Dana said...

You are such a god damned angel, sometimes I just can't stand it.

The hole in my heart from missing you just grew.